Sunday, May 20, 2001

Three Blind Mice

Our flat is infested with mice.

We thought it was just one at first, silly us.

The day that finally drove me to go get the mice traps was the day a mouse, chewing on a VERY stale peice of pita bread, woke me up.

I don't know how many people have seen me in the morning, but it isn't pretty, especially if I get woken up by some twat on the drums. My flatmates have gone so far as to describe the quiet in the morning as 'better to let the dragon lie', but I digress.

The mice made a huge mistake waking me up. To get back at them, I cleaned my room, I cleaned the flat, finding a dead mouse on the way. I decided enough was enough. They had been using the space under the sink and under my wardrobe as a house too long! Vengance would be mine.

So after a trip to The $2 Shop, 4 mouse traps were set up around the flat. We soon realised the most effective bait was sultanas, which had been soaked in vanilla essence. With this knowledge, we have killed 6 in the traps thus far.

8 mice have been found dead in total. The first was a young one found under the door. The second, in a mouse trap in my room, then another in my room, then once was beaten to death by my flatmate (Boyacrossthehall) The next was found under the sink, and then another in the same place. Then finally, tonight was a double whammy; two mice found going for the same peice of bait in another flatmates room.

It's fun to kill mice, I'm checking the mouse traps often in hope we have some more... if this keeps up, we're gunna have to breed them to keep killing them!!

Now I'm beggining to wonder... Am I sick?

No comments: