Thursday, July 27, 2006

My country for some sleep

NOTE: This is an archive post from LiveJournal which has been logged here for posterity.

The biggest thing that is happening in my life right now is that nothing is happening in my life right now.

I'm currently enjoying my 20th day without a day off. Below is an easy to understand (hopefully) table of what my days look like... (you do not want to know how many attempts this took!)

Time

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thur

Fri

Sat

Sun

00:01-02:00

SLEEP

SLEEP

SLEEP

SLEEP

SLEEP

WORK

WORK

02:01-04:00

SLEEP

SLEEP

SLEEP

SLEEP

SLEEP

SLEEP

SLEEP

04:01-06:00

SLEEP

SLEEP

SLEEP

SLEEP

SLEEP

SLEEP

SLEEP

06:01-08:00

SLEEP

SHOWER

SHOWER

SHOWER

SLEEP

SLEEP

SLEEP

08:01-10:00

SHOWER

UNI

UNI

UNI

SHOWER

SLEEP

SLEEP

10:01-12:00

UNI

UNI

UNI

UNI

UNI

SHOWER

SHOWER

12:01-14:00

UNI

UNI

UNI

UNI

UNI

STUDY

STUDY

14:01-16:00

UNI

UNI

UNI

UNI

UNI

STUDY

STUDY

16:01-18:00

UNI

STUDY

UNI

WORK

WORK

WORK

WORK

18:01-20:00

STUDY

STUDY

TV

WORK

WORK

WORK

WORK

20:01-22:00

STUDY

STUDY

TV

WORK

WORK

WORK

WORK

22:01-00:00

SLEEP

SLEEP

SLEEP

WORK

WORK

WORK

WORK


Note: Travel and eating are not considered part of my timetable - I do them when I have to or when I have the time.

What you are effectively looking at is alot of work. Too much work. I would like to hurt my manager who's terrible time-management skills meant she could not send one email which would have avoided this situation. One email would have asked other projectionists within the company to come do shifts. I warned her two months ago this would happen, and I'm not the only one who's suffering! One of our projectionists is pulling doubles because I flat out refused to do Tuesday nights and 2 projectionists are pulling 6 day weeks (including doubles) between projection, school and management duties.

I signed up for two shifts a week. If you count up all the hours I am at uni, studying or at work it is 94 hours - that's 2 full time jobs and a part time job, that's the equivelent of THREE jobs!!

Those TV hours - Quite plainly they are the only time I get to myself, for myself each week (not counting showers). 4 hours to myself each week!! I am going mental - and thus far I've been keeping this up for 2 weeks. 8 days left...

8 days left...

No comments: