Saturday, June 24, 2000

how DARE they?!?

Burger King - admittedly, my very favourite fast food restaurant, but lately [read: last night], well, they've done some stuff to piss me off.

Well, I have a whole list, written in my tired haze last night so I'll start from the beginning.
  1. They took 7 minutes, 34 seconds and 16 100's of a second (as timed on my trusty cell phone stop watch) to take my order, which would be OK, if there were heaps of people in front of me, but, alas, there was only one, and she was still waiting for her fries when they took my order.
  2. When placing my order, I asked for a "number seven" and the person (who was a manager) had to look up to see a "seven" was the exact meal the woman next to me (who was still waiting for her fries) had.
  3. They then gave me medium fries for my up size.
  4. They've increased the price of a Whopper and Double Whopper meal by 30 cents. Which is rude, because it upsets my entire budget.
  5. When getting home I looked at the bag, and discovered "Bag may contain on average 30% Post Consumer Material" written on the side - does this mean that inside the bag I can sometimes expect to find a turd lurking? Maybe this is the phenomenon also revered as the "Whopper". Possibly it means, that the bag is simply recycled, but why is only 30% of it recycled? Why not recycle the whole lot, I mean McDonald's trays are made from recycled material (note: this could possibly be their burgers, I have heard from an ex-McDonalds employee that if their cheese was manufactured anymore it actually would be plastic - which somehow doesn't surprise me)
  6. Did you know there is a Voluntary Pokemon Ball Safety Recall? This is because "Ball may pose suffocation hazard to children under 3 years old". If you take back this ball you get a small order of fries.... personally I'd rather sue 'em ;P the number for more information about this recall is "1800 7550625" But we're in New Zealand, and don't have "1800" numbers..... hmmmmm
Believe me, if I was a "Secret-Shopper" I wouldn't give 'em my time.

So, I have a feeling I won't be eating at McDonalds (because I just don't), or BK for awhile.... back to crappy halls food mefinks.

My cousin didn't come back last night... darnit

No comments: