Wednesday, October 11, 2000

I can't really think of a title for this one, so it hasn't got one.

Deb came over again today, was very nice to see her again.

Had a great lunch, which was followed by a movie. We really had no idea what the movie was that we were seeing so once we got in and it started we were in for quite a shock!

First of all we were presented with an usher who wouldn’t shut up, she just kept talking, telling us meaningless ramble, and then talking to the audience right through the previews, I was very tempted to throw M&M’s at her, but had I done that I would have found myself one precious M&M short. I’ve never seen an usher talk so much, and to be honest, I hope I never do again.

The movie we saw was Final Destination it’s from the makers of the X Files and you’d think the website (www.deathiscoming.com) would give us some insight, but no, we went happily trotting along. Personally I was thinking something thriller-esque, but I was presented with a full on horror.

The movie was GREAT!!

It was missing a few things, such as a nice hunky guy sitting next to me so I could use him as an eye shield instead of my hands, but overall, fabulous!

It really was scary, and the best bit was it wasn’t over-rated (such as Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer). It won’t be getting any sequels, and had heaps of hunky stars, even though they all died.

I came out with that great feeling you get from horrors when they’ve been really good, a mix of enthusiasm for the movie and a great rush of adrenalin.

So I’m definitely up for American Psycho tomorrow night :-)

No comments: