Saturday, December 30, 2000

Lie Down Relax Put Your Feet Up

Just saw an absolutely BRILLIANT concert! Fur Patrol and Betchadupa.

It all began when I picked up a friend of a friend from the bus station, after a few awkward conversations, a few hours, and a few sore feet, we discovered in fact, we knew each other... from addict, turns out he's a reader.... how weird.

As my friend and I sat in the City Focus waiting for (yet another) friend to arrive, we got presented with 2 free tickets to Betchadupa/Fur Patrol. As he couldn't go, he gave the ticket to me, which I proceeded to try give to a friend... ANY friend, unfortunately none of them were too keen, so after rushing home from town, getting ready in the space of about 15 minutes (and I'm a chick... congratulate me!) and waiting for my ride, I got picked up, zoomed into town where we FINALLY got a home for the ticket.

So after much mucking around (ticket said doors open at 7, Fur Patrol's bassist said 9) we arrived at 9, ID'ed and let in.

Betchadupa Rock.

They are a talented group of guys, who can pull off a concert (which to me is very important), in fact, in my opinion they were better in concert then on recording!!

Fur Patrol, also, Rock

Julia (Deans, lead singer) belted out the tunes, very well and everyone (and I mean everyone, you could hear them above the guitars and singing and drums) sung along to Lydia (I'm still gutted they didn't sing 'Chlamydia', the version they sung in Wellington) and we got our encore, which went off, for me, in the front row, moshing next to the bassist and lead singer's girlfriend from Betchadupa, and generally having a great time.

Before I left I said hi to Betchadupa, well done and that I was sorry Rotorua is such a shithole and had never heard of them (the sign out front proclaimed to the world that Fur Patrol and 'Betchadupu' were playing), and also managed to score Fur Patrol's set list...

ah what a wonderful night... and all for free.

No comments: