Wednesday, December 27, 2000

On TV...

Gone With The Wind, it's a movie known for the infamous line "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn" and it's REALLY long.

Maybe I'm just a fan of 'happily ever after' movies, but is it just me, or does it's ending suck pure monkeys bottoms?

Today was the first ever time I've seen this movie, I saw it was on, thought 'oh, I haven't seen that' and sat down for what I thought was going to be 2 1/2 hours... until I read the TV guide properly and realised it was, in fact 4 1/2 hours (including ads), so I taped it, and finished watching it just now.

It had, in my opinion a very bad ending, it's like the writer just thought "well, this has gone on long enough, I'll just finish it here" and did, and left me hanging. I wanted to see Scarlet with Rhett, I wanted the happily ever after, and I got disappointed. Was it the point of the movie, to disappoint everyone who bothered to sit down and actually watch it? or was it to make us think? I don't know, but I definitely missed my happily ever after!

Speaking of Happily Ever After, is it just me, or is that Mini-series on TV3, 10th Kingdom, REALLY good? I love it, it's so fantasy with great make up, and effects, and clever thinking on behalf of the writers, it had me and a friend desperately rushing through copies of Rapunzel and Little Red Riding Hood today trying to work out names, and where they were, how to break spells and generally just reliving our childhood, we have our theory on the general theme of the whole thing, but it certainly is good from where I'm standing.

Well, that plus Ed O'Neil is brilliant as a Troll King! (oh, and while I'm here, does anyone know who/what/where the Huntsman is from?)

I must admit, the Christmas season TV is good, I've probably watched way too much of it, and the chances of me giving up my videos before the New Year are slim, I have become a TV Nazi for the week, and I'm damn proud of it!! :-)

No comments: