Monday, December 4, 2000

I just want something I can never have

Have you ever moved out of home, then gone back and been driven up the walls. I find it hard to believe that having moved out of home, I'll ever be able to move back for any long duration of time, I've only been back in Rotorua for five days, and already being home has driven me crazy.

and it probably didn't help that my alcoholic brother stole half a bottle of vodka off one of my mates last night and got fucked on it last night.

I almost feel like shit at home has changed, I have friends afraid to talk to my parents for fear of getting their heads bitten off, and to be honest in so many words I feel the same way.

So today I just packed a bag and took off. Walked from my house into town and got a ride in about half way. Now I'm staying at friend's flats, and I plan to be doing this on and off thruout the holidays, because being home, as I predicted a few days ago, is driving me insane.

So why is it, once you move out of home, you can't handle going back? Is it the fact that you're used to living under your own rules, having whoever over, whenever, to do whatever, without the worries of beginning to distrust family members, without the parental rules. The freedom comes with a price, that society calls rent, but my God, is it worth it.

No comments: