Sunday, April 15, 2001

Francesa Rudkin Drinks Diet Coke

To put this in an easy and clear format: I've left my course and am working as one of those annoying Hoyts Cinema Attendants in the sparkly blue waistcoats and bowties.

(Hence why I had a Hannibal Preview earlier)

So, why have I not told the world the trials and tribulations of my job seeking etc? Well, for a couple of reasons, one: my mother didn't know until a couple of days ago (and yes, she still does read these columns, just comments under different names apparently...), two: I couldn't be bothered. So now, while I can be bothered I'll give a quick recap of the last couple of weeks and what has been going on in them.

First of all, I gathered many opinions and lots of advice. Then I went on a huge scoot all around Wellington one night and made up my mind.
I then left my course.
I was now searching for a job, any job, as long as it payed money, I would take it.
First of all there was the kitchen hand position, I got a trial, at 5am the next morning. So I went to bed early, got to sleep, to wake up 3 hours later to remember we lived above a pub, and Thursday night (being the night I was trying to sleep on) was the loudest of them all. Needless to say, I woke up with a start at 7am, a huge chorus of 'FUCK' was sung around the house, a phonecall to the company appologising, and I was back on the hunt.
I was now looking for a job, any job, as long as it payed money and had nothing to do with food preperation.
Then I tried StarMart, to be turned down in favour of my flatmate (!!).
Then I was getting desperate, I hated not telling my parents and sitting around the house all day, so I tried two different New Worlds.
Then I responded to an ad in the paper for Hoyts.
I got a New World and Hoyts interview on the same day. I must have been pretty impressive 'cos I got them both.
But Hoyts gives you free movies and previews (all I could think of was "Lord Of The Rings!!!!').
So I took Hoyts.
My mother got tipped off on her birthday about 3-4 days before I was going to tell the p's, another chorus (this time with an encore) of 'FUCK' was sung.
P's are OK with it, I'm working.
I write this column

Easy peasy really. So there you go :-)

I probably should have warned of extreme diary-like content.

Aw fuck it.

No comments: