Thursday, April 5, 2001

Please Release Me Mister Man

Isn't it funny how certain smells and sounds remind you of things, places and people you'd forgotten you'd seen, been or met?

For me, the smell of oil paints and turps reminds me of fifth form art. The smell of puke reminds me of my friend Scott's house (where we had a party, and a guy puked all over the floor). The ocean air mixed with a pine scent reminds me of my grandparent's house and so on.

And I think the smell of stale urine will forever remind me of the Limp Bizkit mosh pit.

Certain songs bring back memories as well. I can't listen to 'All In The Family' by KoRn (featuring Fred Durst :-P) without thinking of my Good Bye party... albeit I don't remember much of that particular one. Whereas 'Clown' by KoRn (hmmm noticing a pattern...) reminds me of driving around Rotorua with the windows wound down with music on full volume, money in my pockets, while trying to get alcohol for the back seat (we were underage at the time). Playing a song 'Rain' on the drums, (it's a Christian worship song) reminds me of a mid year camp.

Certain smells and songs remind me of people. When listening to 'Faith' by Limp Bizkit I'm reminded of a friend of mine, Heidi. While the smell of warm, rotting fruit reminds me of about five people, those who know about the incident will laugh, those who don't, well, it's better off not knowing.

I'm never going to be able to sing "I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee" without thinking of BigTaz's 21st either.

Strange what tickles the senses....

No comments: