Monday, March 20, 2006

Shitty Day

NOTE: This is an archive post from LiveJournal which has been logged here for posterity.

Well, my Saturday sucked.

Woke up at 10am by my phone to find out one of my collegues had passed away... could I please come in early?

Well, that's not a request you can easily deny, so up I get, shower, and head down the road to work. Obviously everyone was in a bit of shock. He wasn't young, but it wasn't expected either. Apparently it was a heart attack, with a glass of whisky in one hand and a ciggarette in the other - he'd have appreciated the fact.

So I go in and it's about now that everything that could got wrong, went wrong.

  • Two movies started more then 10 minutes late
  • One movie did not turn into the right scope (so everyone had cone-heads)
  • One movie muted itself
  • I laced up the wrong movie
  • One movie didn't go into the right scope AND the lights didn't go off
  • One projector shat itself and wouldn't go for about 10 minutes. When I finally got it to work the sound shat itself and we canned the session
That's really not a good run for a projectionist on a 14 hour shift. It wasn't made any easier by the sheer number of people coming up and asking 'how I was' I mean, shock was the first thing, but I wasn't overly emotional - I've only known the guy for two months. Mostly I was irritated by all the fuck ups!

So yeah, after my very long day I finally reached home and was walking up the driveway when I spotted a couple of guys I knew drinking on the lawn. They asked if I wanted a beer. After my day a beer was exactly what I wanted.

Four beers later (in quick sucession) I was feeling much better... The morning after not so much.

So yeah, shit Saturday, very shit Saturday.

No comments: