Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Referencing

NOTE: This is an archive post from LiveJournal which has been logged here for posterity.

Ah, university life - the pub on campus, the endless wait for a computer, almost being run over on Symonds Street... it's all fun and games until it comes to the real stuff - the essays and the study.

So, in starting my first two essays I firstly headed to Wikipedia to gain inspiration. I best clarify - in no shape or form can we reference Wikipedia in an essay - I just use it as a basis for ideas. So I find this fantastic quote on Wiki, which of course I can't use unless I can find the original source (this in turn of course is not referenced on Wiki - that'd make life easy!) Cue the last week and a half where I have been searching the University Library in every spare moment for this quote.

Today I found it. The whole damn article, hidden away in the 2nd floor. That's quite a feeling of accomplishment. I can officially use the quote because I have it's source!! Haha!

As part of an assignment (on malls and consumption) I get to visit malls around Auckland... Shopping in the name of eduction...

I love my life :-)

No comments: