Thursday, November 2, 2000

If it's not what you're thinking, then you can go to hell

I think I had one of my most embarrassing moments as a chef today.

We have a four course meal to cook for our final assessment. Today was the practice run, I was in a kitchen I'd never used before and was having a joke with a few of the guys in there, and didn't notice the fact that the gas flame was up further then I thought.

As part of a chef's uniform we have these STYLIE pants (small check pants, in a similar style to 'MC Hammer Pants'), the chef's jacket, chef's hat, chef's scarf, an apron and a tea towel (to help with picking up pots and stuff).

So I'm having a great old time talking, until I realise... my tea towel has caught on fire...

So having put it out, made some damage to my ego and put a scorch mark on my apron... I had to buy new tea towels today.

The only word for this is bugger.

No comments: