Thursday, February 8, 2001

The New Digs

Well, we've moved in.

On Saturday, we trekked, with a Surf and a truck thing that was older then me, for 8 hours (yes, 8 hours) from Rotorua to Wellington.

I spent most of this time in the old truck, sitting above the motor and consequently getting a very numb ass.

But that doesn't matter, having arrived, the group hug of the five of us took place and it was about here I realised I was going to actually live with four guys. Definitely a weird feeling being the only girl in a flat of five.

But having unpacked, had all my stuff arrive from Porirua, the obligatory family visits (actually that doesn't sound good, I actually liked them) etc, I finally feel like I have a place to call my own.

So here I am, situated in Cuba Mall, in a room with pretty purple walls, beautiful hardwood floors, almost floor to ceiling windows and balcony's... I love it.

The only bummer so far has been the band practices taken by my flatmates (the whole flat are musios) which didn't sound good when I left for dinner, but once I got back they were sounding very much like Rammstein, minus the deep growly German voice... the boys didn't take to kindly when I told them this... ah well, to each their own.

Shopping for food was a totally different experience, I mean don't get me wrong, it's not like I haven't been to a supermarket, and seen people buy stuff, and I even bought stuff myself when I had the money, but this was the first time I'd bought stuff like cheese, and milk, and soy sauce... and I never fully appreciated how expensive cheese was before now!! But I came in 20 cents under budget, so as long as I can keep it up I'll be fed :-)

There's been no major disagreements yet, the dishes and chores are getting done, the rules are being adhered to, no food is going missing and the rent's being paid, guess we'll just have to see how long we can keep up being extra nice I s'pose :-)

It's so great to be back in Wellington, I was bouncing in the car on the way in, I said to my mother as we came over the Bombays for the Big Day Out that there's a feeling that Auckland has. Well Wellington has one too, but with the exact opposite feeling. I've only actually had one dinner at home so far, the rest have been at rellie's houses, but that's perfect... means I don't have to pay for them :-)

No comments: