Saturday, September 16, 2000

post-birthday ramble

First Alcoholic Beverage Legally Purchased: Rum and Coke
Place Purchased: Massey University Student Bar
First Bottle of Alcoholic Beverage Legally Purchased: Coruba 40oz
Place Purchased: The Mill, Central Wellington
Did I get Id'ed?: Yes, when I went to the Mill, I got in, but it took a bit of convincing, I had to pull out the 18+ papers (which only need JP signing and they're ready to go) as well as my student ID.
First Packet of Cigarettes Legally Purchased: Horizon 20's
Place Purchased: StarMart, Manners Mall
Clubbing?: No
Bar Hopping?: No
Completely Fuck Faced?: No
Happy Anyway?: Yes

Had a really good time today, went to school and enjoyed my class a whole heap, progressed to student bar where I was from 2:30 until 7:30, yes, 5 hours, in the same bar. I got a free Rum and Coke from one of the receptionists from downstairs who happened to be at the bar, and basically just socially drank the whole time with classmates..... boy, can chef's drink, honestly, all of the department practically were there and the tutors were apparently going out someplace as well!!

And amazingly, I still can't get over the fact that whipping out a little piece of plastic means I can buy stuff I've never previously (legally) bought. 18 years of one thing, and suddenly changing to another is something to get used to!!

I got a phone call in the morning from my best friend who promptly sang "happy birthday to you, you smell like a poo, you look like a monkey and you act like one too". Later that night (about 8pm) while on my way to The Mill I got a phone call from another friend who got my entire former youthgroup to sing me happy birthday (the original version) from Rotorua... I feel loved :)

I enjoyed my birthday cake (thanks mum, it was good) and so have all the people I've given bits to. It's rather big, and I don't wanna get any fatter then I already am...

Thanks to Deb for my E Card :) muchly appreciated, sunflowers are my fave :)

Anyway, I've still got a few things to do before bed (I'm tired as, shit all sleep last night and alcohol-induced sleepiness) I guess I should still be out, but you know, shit happens and then you wipe your ass.

No comments: