Wednesday, August 23, 2000

The sun is shining at my door and my smile is here to stay

Recently I’ve been having really bad sleeping problems, causing me to get up at about 5am, which isn’t all bad ‘cos it means I’m going to classes and I’m getting a good breakfast in me. Well, at breakfast this morning I was reading The Dominion, the morning Wellington paper, catching up on current events and I noticed an ad for the IRD about Tax Returns, now you may be wondering why I hadn’t already applied for a tax return, and I’m not quite sure why not, I think I’m just a dumbass.

But I digress.

While reading, I found I was eligible for a return, and so I put down the paper, ran to my room and rang up the IRD. Well I was eligible for 2 returns, but would only get the one that was worth the most. The lady on the other end of the phone checked the first and stated I was eligible for $16 return... which I thought sucked the nuts of a sterile donkey. So she then checked the second, in which I was eligible for $156!!!

I now have a smile painted on my face and I love the IRD.

Of course it all has to go on my debts, but less debts equals a happier greeny :)

No comments: