Wednesday, August 2, 2000

And with a groan we settle down

Was watching TV last night, Havoc and Newsboy to be exact, and you can be sure, that this is not another rant about Newsboy although I did feel incredibly bummed out when during the credits it said "hosted by: Mikey Havoc and Jeremy Wells"... damn!

But I digress, as can be imagined, this show pulled a lot of student interest, and so, watching the show with 20-30 young people, the inevitable tampon ad surfaced.

This was the one for some new Carefree product. It starts with two twins sharing how different they are, one is so much taller, one is older, and they both use different tampons. As soon as the word 'tampon' is mentioned, well the guys groaned in boredom, and the girls groaned in embarrassment.

Isn't this the STUPIDEST thing to advertise, I mean, believe me, girls are going to use these products once a month, with a few exceptions, and it's guaranteed income!! If you want to make lots of money: make tampons, half the population will buy them!!

So why embarrass your customers with some of the STUPIDEST ads out there? I'm reminded of the worst of all "Hi gorgeous, haven't seen you since last month!" I mean, for fucks sakes?!? A talking tampon??!? And who's gunna make a tampon that big anyway, it'd rip the poor girl in half!

Anyway, sorry if I have put someone off their 2 minute noodles, or if I have you cringing in your seat, but it just needed to be said.

No comments: